HOW TO KEEP YOUR BUSINESS RODENT FREE
If you’re a commercial business owner in the San Antonio area, odds are you have probably had a run in with a rodent infestation. Rodents are categorized as anything from mice, to rats, squirrels, raccoons, and the like! So what makes these pests attracted to your business? Let’s take a look at what attracts them, what creates the infestation, and what can prevent them.
What types of businesses do rodents like to visit?
Rodents really only need 3 things to survive: food, water, and shelter. Crumbs left behind by employees, improper food storage, and lack of cleaning can all be reasons why you’re seeing an infestation take place in your business. If you’re worried you may have a mice infestation, it’s best to set boundaries in place to make sure no food or water is getting left behind for these pests to thrive on.
- Not allowing employees to store food in their desk, or if they requiring them to use proper food storage (no open bags, crumbs left behind, etc.)
- Frequent kitchen cleans. Surface cleaning should be a daily task, whereas deep cleans should be weekly, especially if the kitchen is shared by a large number of employees.
- Immediately wiping up spills. Mice can locate a water source in an instant. Other pests like ants and roaches will find their way to a spill if it is neglected.
- Always take out the trash at night. Make sure the garbage bin is secure and no food found it’s way out on the way to the dumpster.
- No cake, cookies, or employee-shared snacks should be left out (even if they’re wrapped in plastic).
- For food that is stored in the kitchen or desks, make sure the food is stored in a hard plastic or glass container. Any material that can’t be gnawed through.
Discovering the source of the rodent infestation does no good if you can’t prevent the next infestation from happening. Here are some tips we recommend if you want your business to stay rodent free this year:
- Give your building a thorough inspection for any cracks or crevices that a rodent could fit through (about 1/4 inch or larger)
- Install door sweeps and replace window screens if the current ones are damaged.
- Seal cracks and crevices providing entry to outside pests with caulk, concrete, or other sealant of choice.
- Keep the building free of overhanging branches or vines.
Are you worried you may be too late for prevention? Nova Pest Control is glad to offer our commercial services to rid your business of any ongoing infestations. Our commercial service includes: premier pest barrier, crack and crevice treatment, baiting & monitoring, exterior spot treatment, wall void injection, and granulation application.
Did we mention our inspections are FREE?
We don’t come and immediately start charging you for our services. We give a thorough inspection of your building, educate you on any pest signs we notice, and answer any questions you may have regarding the pest control process. If you want to schedule your inspection soon, fill out our form below or give us a call. We can’t wait to service you!